Sometimes recipes can be “oh, so easy” and way delicious! These Easiest Scones Ever are my “go to” recipe for an after school snack, when friends show up, to serve with afternoon tea – no clotted cream for me – or just to have around the house on weekends. I use organic ingredients, but that’s my choice.
I usually put strawberries on top or whatever is in season, but you can use your favorite fruit. Blueberries, raspberries, or even peaches work just as well. You can also add fruit to the mix, if you so choose. For us, you just can’t compare fresh out of the oven scones with store bought. The aroma of freshly baked pastries and breaking into a warm scone…well, what more do I need to say…
Total time needed is 30 minutes or less. Preheat oven to 425.
- 2 cups all purpose baking mix
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 2 tsps sugar
- 4 tbsps butter
- Fruit - your choice for decoration
- Optional - add 3/4 cup fruit, fresh or frozen, to mix.
- Mix baking mix, vanilla, whipping cream, and 1 tsp cinnamon. Mix should be sticky, but not too wet.
- Turn out onto floured counter and knead 20 times.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness and cut into desired shape. I use round, but triangles are nice, too.
- Put on a cookie tray covered with parchment paper.
- Melt 4 tbsps butter and mix with the sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Spread a bit of the butter mixture on each scone with a pastry brush.
- Cook for 8-12 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, you can add fruit and cook until done. I add the fruit 4 minutes in, so it stays fresh but warm. Just push fruit into scones with your finger or a chopstick.
Preheat oven to 425
I hope you enjoy this recipe for the Easiest Scones Ever as much as my family does. It’s always nice to have that recipe you can depend on and go to when you need something quick, especially for hectic mornings…