There is nothing is the world like a hungry triathlete and I mean nothing! There are a few times when all the planning and nutrition plans just do not work. Like a long day at the office and they are not able to get their afternoon snack and they get home for a workout with nothing in the belly. These times call for desperate measures and at this time of day, I am usually deep into the dinner making process.
So, I had to get creative and make not only something that would be quick, but also taste good, and be nutritious for his workout. These sandwiches became such a hit we have worked them into our snack, training, and race nutrition.
- 2 slices of bread – I use my homemade whole wheat, but you can use whatever you choose or a banana.
- 1 heaping tablespoon Nuttzo
- Berries – I like to use raspberries or blackberries as they smash well
- Seed mix – I always have a jar of seed mix around. This month it includes flax and chia seeds and bee pollen.
- Spread the Nuttzo http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003LJAFY8/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B003LJAFY8&linkCode=as2&tag=water0009-20&linkId=DKODNWALHC542D2T evenly on each slice on bread.
- Put berries on one slice and smash with a fork.
- Sprinkle seed mix on berries.
- Put the top on cut in half and done.
Okay, now that was beyond easy. Right? And doesn’t it look amazing? Just wait until you taste it…