Hopefully, you read our Tempe Arizona Things To Do so you have tons of fun things lined up to keep you occupied while you’re in town. Now, we’re here to give you a few options for dining so you won’t go hungry. We’ve listed restaurants both in Tempe and the surrounding area, in case you decide to venture out – we’re assuming you probably have a car. Many of these recommendations come from locals, so you get to know where they go. Luckily, you have some pretty good choices, so enjoy!!!!
PLACES TO EAT IN PHOENIX
- Switch (Central and Virginia – south of Thomas) – Here you get great food and service to satisfy everyone. They have reasonable prices and an outdoor patio.
- St. Francis (Camelback and 3rd St) – This is a neighborhood restaurant that serves a seasonal menu. It’s great food and great value, with free meals for the kids.
- Richardson’s – New Mexican cuisine (16th St and Maryland) – I’ve actually eaten here and the food is first rate. They serve quirky southwestern cuisine with oomph. A signature dish is Chimayo chicken.
- Phoenix Public Market Café (Downtown Phx at Pierce and Central) – Here you have a casual urban hangout, serving seasonal ingredients and is open all day.
- A new restaurant opened up at the Desert Botanical Garden, called Gertrude’s if you’re there admiring the desert flora.
- Phoenix City Grille (16th st and Bethany Home Rd) – Always a crowd pleaser, good variety, and the griddled corn cakes are amazing!
- Chef’s Lounge (Scottsdale) – This restaurant replaced Posh just this fall to much anticipation. It’s a community-based food establishment that offers pop-up dinners, wine tastings, and cooking classes like Lunch and Learn. More on the expensive side, though.
Some Tempe favorites
- The Handlebar – Beer, bratwurst, and bicycles. Need we say more…..
- Cafe Boa – This place has great, local clean food. It’s close to the race, so perfect all around.
- House of Tricks – This is a bit of an oasis just steps away from Mill Avenue. They serve contemporary American cuisine with a wooden neck and outdoor patio.
- Casey Moore’s – Oyster house in old town Tempe that serves pub food.
- Rula Bula Irish Pub – Located downtown they serve typical Irish pub food and beer.
Favorite happy hours
- Christopher’s Kitchen Bar – Biltmore Fashion Square – (24th st and Camelback)
- St. Francis
- Phoenix City Grille
Well, this should give you quite a few places to visit, so you never worry about where you’re going to eat. But, it this wasn’t enough for you, check out a best restaurant list. Happy dining and have a great race!